Watch out for the Dislike button!
The eCampus blog is dedicated to keeping you informed in all matters of college life and we know that Facebook is a big one. So here’s another Facebook safety tip. According to CNN Tech web spammers have been spreading a fake “dislike” button that has caused issues for many already. Post’s like this one “I just got the Dislike button, so now I can dislike all of your dumb posts lol!!” have been showing up on peoples walls followed by a link that takes you to a fake FB application. The application doesn’t actually allow you to add a dislike button but it does harm your account. It silently spreads the same message to all of your friends leading them into the hoax. The application can also steal your personal information. Facebook seems to have no plan to add a dislike functionality in the near future so be careful when you see anything referring to it. Currently Facebook claims to be trying to block the application but, in case you already downloaded it here’s how to get rid of the application:
- Open the account menu in the top right of the screen and choose application settings. You should be able to disable the application from there.
I am reading Human Biology
- 201 Halloween Costumes: Easy, Fast, Cheap!
- Awesome Gadgets to Wish For This Holiday Season
- Win a Free Trip from eCampus.com!
- The 2013 SAT and ACT Guide
- Guest Post: David Cristello of Go! Financial Aid
- Black Friday Deals for College Students
- Trading Traditional for a Tablet
- 10 Summer Movies to Look Forward To
- Meet the Bloggers
- Awesome College Jobs