Want to get more out of your next semester? Here are a few resolutions that will help you visualize your goals:
1. Eat Healthy– Keep dried fruit and granola around your dorm for a healthy snack option, instead of grabbing the twizzlers, chocolate and ice cream at the diner/library.
2. Sleep Better– Reduce your caffeine intake, especially in the afternoon and evening. Instead of grabbing a coffee to keep you up to finish that paper due at 8 AM tomorrow, take a walk around the dorm, library or campus.
3. Stay Active– Download an app that tracks your steps or how many minutes you are active to see how much you move. Set reasonable goals and achieve!
4. Get Better Grades– Stick with your assignment notebook and keep track of your notes. Set TV limits for the semester to keep procrastination at a minimum.
5. Spend More Time With Campus Friends– Start or join a club that your friends are involved in. It will give you a weekly excuse to see them and spend time with them.
6. Be More Organized– Spend a while over winter break reorganizing your computer files so your documents folder won’t be so cluttered. Also, get in the habit of making your bed, so that your dorm room looks tidier too!
7. Keep In Touch With Distant Friends– Plan to call your friend on a regular basis. Even if its just a five minute phone call, it will mean much more than a text or facebook message- but don’t shy away from those either! It’s always nice to see an old friend pop up.
Great, actionable resolutions! While better than candy, I suggest skipping the dried fruit and granolas as they’re loaded with hidden sugars (nutrition fact labels can be a real dream crusher!). Keep it clean and simple with fresh fruit, carrots/celery with hummus, or a handful of walnuts. Your brain and body will appreciate it!
Comments are closed.