- Over 33% reported they have applied for over 40 jobs
- Just about 21% of respondents have applied for somewhere between 10 and 20 jobs
- Almost 20% have applied for 21 to 40 jobs
- 17% have applied for less than 10 jobs
- 8.5%, have applied for no jobs at all
If you’re among the 8.5% who haven’t applied for any jobs yet, fear not! You still have plenty of time to get the ball rolling. Don’t forget how important networking is (turn to people you know for information about potential job openings) and apply to any and all jobs that peak your interest!
Also, keep in mind that this is the best year in a long time for college grads to find a job. NACE, the National Association of Colleges and Employers, reports that employers expect to hire 21% more new college grads this year than they did last year, according to preliminary results of NACE’s Job Outlook Spring Update survey.
So keep up the hard work and don’t be discouraged! You’re sure to find a job soon enough!
Best of luck,
I’m reading College Algebra
(source: about.com job searching)