This is a recipe for a delicious casserole that can be made in a surprisingly healthy way. Now that we are heading into the colder months, you might be craving some heavier comfort food and this will definitely satisfy that! This is also a proven crowd pleaser even amongst the pickiest of eaters and while it is vegetarian friendly, meat eaters will love it too!
The trick to making this casserole more health conscious is to pick your ingredients wisely. I usually go for low-carb pasta (whole wheat would work as well) and Smart Balance instead of butter. This really cuts down on the calories! A great low carb pasta is made by Dreamfields and can be found in many grocery stores. For the broccoli I find that using frozen broccoli florets work best with this dish.
So here we go…
1 box low-carb pasta
1 package frozen broccoli
1 tub of Smart Balance (you won’t use all of it!)
1 package/tube of grated Parmesan cheese (again, you won’t use all of it!)
- Put water in a pot and bring to a boil. Toss in pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put several chunks of Smart Balance and the frozen broccoli in a frying pan over medium to high heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once done, drain your pasta and put it into an oven-safe casserole dish/bowl. Then put several more (as much as you like) chunks of Smart Balance onto the pasta and stir. Pour in your broccoli and stir until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle on about ½ – ¾ cup of grated cheese and stir again.
- Put it into the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the top looks a bit crispy.
- Take out and serve.
Crowd pleasing comfort food – Recipe inside! #ecampusdotcomblog #recipe http://t.co/XZE1Baa3mE via @ecampusdotcom
Here’s my latest blog post for my internship with @eCampusdotcom http://t.co/dbfnVVqQdk
Comments are closed.