These days, smartphones are devices like the iPhone, Android and Blackberry devices. Most likely, if your phone has a large screen, internet access, and can download an “app”, you are probably carrying around a smartphone.
Google found that:
- 93% of smartphone owners use their device while at home.
- 81% of smartphone users surf the web on their phone; 77% of people search on their smartphones.
- 72% of smartphone owners use their phones while being exposed and consuming other forms of media.
- 33% of device owners have phone in hand and use while watching their favorite TV show.
- 45% of smartphone owners use the calendar and other time management apps on their phones to help manage their activities.
- 39% of smartphone consumers admit to using their device while in the bathroom.
- 1 in 5 users would give up their cable TV to continue owning and using their smartphone device.
- 9 out of 10 users have taken action after conducting a mobile search, which resulted in 53% of those users completing a purchase.
- Of those who have searched via smartphone, 53% of those users have switched from smartphone to their computers to finish their research.
- Local search is obvious, 95% of smartphone owners have searched for local info.
- Of the 95% who searched locally, 61% called the business, 59% visit the searched business, and 44% completed a purchase at the business they searched for.
- 79% of smartphone owners use their devices to assist them while shopping, 70% of those shoppers use the phone while in the store.
- 35% of users make a purchase while using their smartphones.
- 71% of smartphone users search a certain product or business because of an advertisement they saw while using their device.
- 82% of smartphone users notice the ads within the apps they have on their phones.
- 42% of consumers who notice the ads continue and click the ad.
- 49% of those who move further with an app’s advertisement will move forward and end up purchasing from that app.
It is incredible to see how advertising can influence consumers. The creation of the smartphone has really changed the world and how we use technology. The new and greatest piece of technology will come out shortly but for now the smartphone is the latest and greatest phenomenon. Do you have a smartphone? What apps do you use on your smartphone? I’m a fan of my weather app! What is your favorite app? What do you use your smartphone for? Let us know!
I’m reading Precalculus: Mathematics for Calculus