Single this Valentine’s Day? Don’t sweat it! Here are some ideas to help you celebrate February 14th on your own terms, and not cupid’s but please be warned of possible outcomes.
1. Dance Party: Dance the night away with a group of your single friends in your living room or local club. Once you get lost in the beat you’ll forget that you’re single!
WARNING: You will be reminded why going to clubs never helped your relationship status before. This will happen when you meet guys who introduce themselves to you as “the situation” or insert other foolish nickname. But no need to worry tonight is all about you and your girls. Tell “Mike” to please put his shirt back on so you can get back to celebrating being young, wild and free. You don’t want to put in an awkward situation. (see what I did there)
2. Movie Marathon: Invite friends over and have each one bring a movie with hunky actors and let the eye candy marathon begin! Oh hello there, Ryan Gosling.
WARNING: You will most likely develop unrealistic expectations for guys. Let’s be honest, it is hard to find a man who can match up to Ryan Gosling’s body and smile. My best tip is to date him tonight and then forget you ever saw him.
3. Dinner Date: Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you can’t dress up and go out to eat! Round up some single friends and go out to a fancy restaurant. Make sure you treat yourself to a desert. (Go on! It’s Valentine’s Day no one is counting calories!)
WARNING: You will want to eat your body weight in (insert favorite dessert). You also will have no regrets due to the looming embellished fear that you will be alone for the rest of your life so it does not matter. DIG IN because this is not true!!! Enjoy the night because you will forget about Valentine’s Day next week.
4. Spoil Yourself: Let’s be honest, being single isn’t as easy as it seems. You deserve to buy yourself those pair of shoes you have been eyeing or get a mani-pedi with your best friend, you’re worth every penny.
WARNING: You may end up ripping out your best friends hair over the same red sweater (see above picture). Just kidding! Play nice with your friends. You probably want them to have someone to hang out with today.
5. Explore: Go out for a hike or go bike riding around the town with some friends and end your adventure with a nice evening pot-luck style picnic. Who says Valentine’s Day has to be all about fancy restaurants and chocolates?
WARNING: This will be awesome. The worst that can happen is maybe falling, bug bites….and fun things like that. Go ahead, the world is yours independent woman.
Whether you decide to dance the night away at the local club or spend the night on the couch with a bowl of popcorn, just remember that valentine’s day is not just about being showered in gifts and fancy dinners, it’s about loving yourself and the people around you.