During these unconventional times, your study group probably looks a lot different. The guy sitting next to you used to have two legs, a beard and glasses; now he has four legs, loves to have his belly rubbed and barks when you ask him a question.
Your other study partner always took great notes and loved to wear her favorite blue cardigan; now she curls up by you on the couch and purrs while you read chapter 10 in your Economics book.
With many students learning from home right now, our furry (feathery, scaly or fuzzy) friends have become our lab partners and study buddies in our new online learning environments.
Whether you own a dog, cat, bunny, bird, snake or some other kind of pet, they’ve been there for you through this time of social distancing, remote learning and the overall unknown. Our “four-legged” friends offer a sense of comfort, warmth, love and normalcy when almost nothing else around us does.
They may not understand why “mommy” and/or “daddy” are home way more than normal, but you can be sure they are living their best life right now. In addition to including them in your daily studies, we wanted to share some of our favorite ideas for passing the time with your pets.
Here are six fun ways to involve your pet in your social distancing experience (and a BONUS at the end you don’t want to miss!)
- TOYS!! Make a toy out of an old t-shirt or something else just lying around your house. They can chase or tug on it to chase away some boredom.
- Teach them a trick – roll-over, jump, fetch…the sky’s the limit! Check out YouTube and Zak George for an assist.
- Did someone say spa day?!?!! Treat your special buddy to an at-home manicure, grooming, and bath.
- Make up songs for or about your furry friend. Exercise your creativity and your vocal cords and just have some fun making up songs. You never know, they may just join in and sing along.
- Strike a yoga/doga pose. This can be a stressful time for people, but that stress can also rub off on our furry friends. Yoga can help relieve your stress and possibly your pet’s stress, too; have fun together.
- Have a pet photoshoot! There’s no better time to make some lasting memories than now.
But wait, there’s more!
How about a FACEBOOK PHOTO CONTEST with $500 in prizes?
eCampus.com wants to celebrate your new study buddies! Enter our Facebook Photo Contest by sharing a selfie with your pet studying from home with the hashtag #MyStudyBuddy. Let’s have some fun together. Here’s how:
eCampus.com Facebook #MyStudyBuddy Photo Contest
- Snap a pic of you and your furry friend studying and join us HERE
- Include a short caption, tag us (@ecampusdotcom) and hashtag #MyStudyBuddy
- Share the post and encourage your friends and family to vote by liking your comment. Voting ends at 11:59 pm ET, May 8, 2020.
The top 5 most liked pics will win $50 eCampus.com gift cards and will be eligible for the Grand Prize of a $250 Visa Gift Card. You can find more information and full contest rules via our Facebook page.
So, now’s the time to get snappin’ and share your pic! We want to see all those cute animals. They bring joy to you during these uncertain times so share the love!
And just in case you’re looking to get rid of those books at the end of the semester, or need new ones, eCampus.com has you covered! We know it’s a weird time, but we’re open and here for you! Sell your textbooks back for cash 24/7 regardless of where you purchased them.