The 2020 holiday season is here, and things may look a little different this year. One thing that won’t change? The giving spirit of the season.
College students are living off limited funds, sometimes making it hard to afford gifts for friends and family. If you are in this situation, don’t worry! There are plenty of gifts that are sure to show you care without breaking the bank.
DIY CHRISTMAS GIFTS
Handmade or DIY gifts are great for making the receiver feel loved. The person giving the gift has spent time thinking about what they want, something unique to them that shows their personality or interest. In addition, a handmade gift lets someone feel extra special because rather than giving a store-bought present, you chose to put your time and energy into creating something just for them.
- Mason Jar Hot Chocolate Mix – Nothing warms you up during the winter months like a nice hot cup of chocolate. With a simple hot chocolate mix and marshmallows, this simple yet thoughtful DIY gift will be loved by all.
You can easily transform an ordinary mason jar into many different fun, festive holiday gifts. If you’re feeling inspired, check out this list for 50 Mason Jar DIY Holiday Gifts. From delicious homemade recipes to sweet-scented candles, these mason jar gift ideas will inspire you to be a crafty gifter this season.
- Candy-Filled Holiday Mug – When the person on your list deserves a cup of Christmas cheer, pick out a holiday mug and fill it to the brim with their favorite candy and holiday treats. Wrap a bow around it, and voila!
- Custom Face Mask – If you’ve got basic sewing skills, pick out some festive fabrics and make these quick DIY face masks to keep your loved ones safe and stylish this season. You can find fun holiday fabrics on Etsy.
- Natural Wood Ornament – With natural wood slices, you can draw, paint, or woodburn any special design, personalized to your giftee, and turn it into an ornament they can re-use each year!
DIY holiday ornaments can be a more meaningful way to decorate the tree. Check out this list of 72 DIY Holiday Ornaments. With so many options to choose from, you’re bound to find something that suits your taste and, most importantly, your budget. From tiny ornaments made of twine, to modern, metallic clay ornaments and even Christmas cookie ornaments, there’s a craft in here for everyone.
- Polymer Clay Coasters – Coasters are an important part of home décor. Functional, of course, they’re more than an accessory because they keep your surfaces looking their best. Polymer clay makes it easy to create your own one-of-a-kind designs.
Polymer clay is an extremely versatile craft; its uses are practically endless. From handmade jewelry to chic wall art, polymer clay is an easy-to-use, readily available option to create your own unique gifts. Check out these 15 Fun Polymer Clay Ideas to get inspired!
As you start to browse for gadgets to give to your loved ones this holiday season, keep in mind that the best tech gifts go above and beyond simple functionality. At a time when we’re more conscious than ever about what we’re bringing into our homes, the ideal tech item has a clear purpose, a thoughtful meaning, and a beautifully crafted design.
- Noise Cancelling Headphones – Whether they work from home or are taking virtual classes, your giftee would appreciate a pair of noise-canceling headphones.
- Portable Charger – Avoid the inconvenience of a dead battery while on the go with a portable battery charger. Pair this with a 10 Ft. Long Charging Cable to keep them connected at all times.
- Waterproof Speaker – A speaker lets you set the right soundtrack for studying or hanging out with friends. A waterproof speaker means you can bring the party to the pool, beach, or even the shower!
- Amazon Fire TV Stick – The Amazon Fire TV Stick allows you to access all your favorite streaming services through one simple device. The newest version comes with an Alexa Voice Remote for your convenience!
- Screen Magnifier for Smartphone – If your giftee watches a lot of movies and videos on their smartphone, and you want to relieve the discomfort that comes from focusing on a small screen for extended periods of time, the smartphone screen magnifier is the perfect solution!
With the temperatures starting to drop, a cozy gift can help make the most of the extra time they might be spending indoors. Whether it be fuzzy slippers, a luxurious throw blanket, or a trendy loungewear set, you can’t go wrong with something snuggly that will help keep them warm and comfortable.
- Warming Slippers – Warmies provides the ultimate in home spa and wellness treatment. Find time to relax and unwind with these plush heatable slippers. Surround your feet in healing warmth and relieve your stress, tension and anxiety.
- Heated Car Blanket – You know that dreaded feeling of getting in the car after a below-freezing winter night? This heated car blanket is the answer! With a 96-inch cord, this 12-volt fleece throw can even keep the backseat passengers warm.
- Homesick Candle – Did you know that scent is the sense most closely tied to memory? These hand-poured, soy wax candles were formulated with input from locals for authentic aromas. A perfect gift for your friends who might be missing home.
- The Comfy – For the epitome of comfort, look for The Comfy. It’s a combination hooded sweatshirt and blanket. It has smooth velvet on the outside and sherpa-like fleece on the inside, plus it’s oversized to wrap anyone up in a warm and cozy bundle.
- Reading Pillow – Curl up in bed, on the couch or the floor with a good book and relax in this pillow’s arms for comfort and support. It’s great for relaxation, easing back pains, elevating legs and arms, and more!
While sentimental gifts are an obvious way to express your love, funny or unique gifts may make more sense for your relationship. This year, lighten up the holidays by giving the gift of laughter. These funny gift ideas are something that everyone on your list will either love to hate, hate to love, or a mix of both.
- Toilet Nightlight – Light their way to the throne with this motion-activated night light. That way they can go to the bathroom in peace without turning on the bright overhead light.
- Cup Coats – Even their cold one doesn’t want to catch a chill. They can stick their drink can in these adorable koozies to keep their hands warm and prevent condensation.
- Adulting Stickers – Recent grads have nowhere to go but up, especially when given stickers that boast major accomplishments like “made a real meal” and “washed my hair today.” Honestly, all adults could use the same encouragement.
- Custom Face Magnet – Send your best (or worst) selfie to this Etsy shop and they’ll transform it into a custom magnet. That means the lucky recipient will be blessed with a sketch of your face whenever they open the fridge!
- Burrito Blanket – This novelty blanket will keep you warm and offer a dash of humor. Made from soft fleece, it’s 60 inches in diameter. A perfect gift for your Chipotle loving friend!
Be sure to connect with us @ecampusdotcom on Twitter, Instagram, & Facebook for more resources, tips, and some great giveaways! And when it’s time for textbooks, eCampus.com has you covered for all your course material needs at savings up to 90%!