Midterms got you feeling down?
You know the semester is well underway when you’ve already gotten your first midterm grade back. One thing I’ve found after a long summer break – I never do as well on that first midterm fall semester… But, you can’t let a bad grade on an exam, paper or assignment discourage you. Here are some ways to bounce back:
• Remember that this won’t decide the rest of your life.
• Meet with your TAs and Professors to see how you can improve.
• Work in study groups so you can get help from your peers.
• Don’t dwell on the bad grade, because that won’t help.
• Make sure you are getting all the notes and understanding all the homework.
• Try a different study method, maybe yours doesn’t work as well as you thought it did.
• Go over the notes from the midterm you did badly on so that the information won’t be back to bite you on the final.
One last thing to remember after getting a bad test score is that college is HARDER than high school. You will probably have to change your study practices from high school. In college, while getting good grades IS important, it’s more important to really understand the material.