3 Day Study Plan
The semester once again nears its close–meaning it’s time to face finals. And if you’re reading this, you probably want to prepare as quickly as possible. Well, if you want to learn how to study for an exam in 3 days, you’ve come to the right place!
You might be wondering, “Is three days even enough time to study for an exam?” Generally, the earlier you start studying the better. Having an adequate amount of time to prepare can lead to great success. But if you’re getting a late start, 3 days can do the trick! With the right preparation, it will be like you’ve been ready for your exams all semester!
What You’ll Need
To study for an exam in 3 days, you’ll want to start with creating a schedule. Allot time to study and make sure to work in breaks. To avoid overloading yourself, your study time should be in shorter blocks with frequent breaks. Keeping up healthy habits is especially important now.
You will also need to have notes and other class materials to review what you’ve been learning. If you do not have your own, try finding some on the internet. There are plenty of useful resources that can help you!
And don’t forget to clear your head! Being calm, cool, and collected is essential to your studying success.
Divide & Conquer
With this method, the material is divided equally into three parts, one part for each of the three days. Each section of the study material is only reviewed once, making this study plan ideal for students with good memories.
The 3-4-5 study technique is repetition with the intention of improved understanding. With this method, you study and repeat your material each of the three days without dividing it. This repetition will give you practice, giving you a deeper understanding of the subject.
An example of this system would look like this:
- Day 1: Do a basic review using your lecture notes or a study guide to refresh your memory. (If you do not have notes or class materials, try finding some online!)
- Day 2: Study only what happens according to the textbook. This should allow you to repeat what you learned on Day 1 while improving your understanding.
- Day 3: Fill in the gaps you’ve found in your first two days of study, taking note of important details in your Day 1 and Day 2 study materials. Memorize details and interesting nuances on the subject.
Two Study Days, One Review
This study plan is exactly as it sounds. Divide your materials into two parts to be studied during the first two days. On the third day, review everything you have studied in the days prior and master any areas you had difficulty with. Students favor this plan, especially those who struggle with memorization because it combines memorization with understanding.
The SAT study plan focuses on reviewing. It will look something like this:
Day 1: Familiarize yourself with the content
- Take the first practice test with your Official SAT Study Guide
- The practice test covers the same four sections as the real SAT, so make sure to time yourself for each section.
- Grade your test (the answers are in the back of the book).
- Evaluate your missed answers and take the time to work out the correct answers without the help of the key
- Watch free SAT Video Lessons
Day 2: Build off Day 1
- Take the second practice test and make sure to time yourself for each section.
- Follow the same procedure marked out in Day 1 (steps 2-4).
Day 3: Identify Weaknesses
- Identify areas where you struggled and go over those questions and answers for a second time.
- Watch free Lesson Videos on topics you’d like to review.
- Check out guides like this Guide to the Night Before Test Day.
Take these study plans into consideration and make the most of your time. With dedication, you can turn just a few days of studying into a great grade!
For more on preparing for exams, check out “How to Survive Finals Week,” and subscribe to our weekly blog! Also, be sure to connect with us @ecampusdotcom on Twitter, Instagram, & Facebook for more resources, tips, and some great giveaways! And when it’s time for textbooks, eCampus.com has you covered for all your course material needs at savings up to 90%!