Some Tips For Successful Study In College
People have been debating about successful study tactics for a long time. Recently, several scientific studies have emerged that challenge traditional wisdom about the best places, times, and ways to study. Let’s take a look at some of these different tips:
· Vary your studying location – Contrary to popular wisdom, evidence suggests that studying in different places at different times can help you memorize things faster, because the different locations can stimulate your brain in different ways. Try different areas in and around campus for more benefits!
· Take advantage of group work – Utilize the strategy of dividing and conquering by asking people from your classes, your roommates or people you know if they are interested in studying or working with you.
· Flash Cards – In some cases, however, the old strategies remain excellent options, and there is a reason they have been used forever. Flash cards help to visually impart their information directly to your brain (most people are visual learners), and they also help you with other techniques such as memory association.
· Get a good night’s rest – Another piece of old advice that turns out to be wholeheartedly true; if you are tired, your brain synapses just aren’t going to fire as quickly and cleanly as they would if you were well rested. If your mind is tired and slow, so is your thinking!
· Attend class regularly – This adage is at the top of every parent’s list (and everyone who pays their own way through college!), but it’s there for a good reason. Regular repetition and discussion of subject material helps you to review and solidify the material in your mind.
· Avoid subject immersion – Here we are; one of the counterintuitive points. Recent studies report that avoiding immersion in one subject, and spreading your attention between a varied group of categories, is the best way to retain information. Not to mention it’s less boring!
Following tips like these can help make studying less of a chore, and hopefully something more interactive and palatable to experience (Note: we didn’t say pleasurable!). Make sure to apply yourself in college, so that you can develop into a well-trained and well paid professional in your field.
Studentrenter.com is a listing service providing college students a single source to find off campus accommodation. In addition to listings they provide regular blogs on topical issues related to student life and offer students opportunities to shop for goods and services, obtain discounted travel, find loans and textbooks and connect with other students.
- 4 Motivations to Work Out This Spring
- 201 Halloween Costumes: Easy, Fast, Cheap!
- FOR THE KIDS: DANCE BLUE
- eCampus.com FREE eWards Loyalty Program: Rewarding Students for Renting and Purchasing Textbooks
- ALL MY SINGLE LADIES! (diary of a solo Valentine's Day)
- 2012 Coachella Music and Arts Festival Lineup
- Travel Study: China, Part 1
- Easy & Effective Workouts That Can Be Done In Your Dorm Room
- 4 Wicked Water Weapons – Super Cheap of Course
- To Rush Or Not To Rush