It’s the most wonderful time of the year- College Football Season! Sure we all love a good rivalry and a hard fought game, but we are talking about the real show. The game before the game. You guessed it: tailgating. According to Google, tailgating is an informal meal served from the back of a vehicle. For anyone who has actually been to a proper tailgate, you know it’s so much more than an open trunk and some food. It’s a place where college students, alumni and bandwagon fans alike can gather and celebrate. For some college football fans, it’s more like a religious experience. But there are certain unofficial rules that one must follow to have a good tailgating experience.
Things You Will Need.
- Music: Nothing gets a party started like good music. With all the small, portable devices you can plug your phone into there is really no excuse to tailgate in silence.
- A cooler: It’s going to be a long day of drinking and you don’t want the beer to get warm. If you don’t feel like dragging around a giant plastic cooler, you should consider a stylish freezer tote bag!
- Junk food: You don’t need to make some fancy BBQ platter, just grab some chips and pretzels on your way out and I promise you won’t regret it.
- Fan wear: If you’re not going to proudly represent your team, then you might as well stay home! Visit the eCampus.com College Clothing Shop for a huge variety of apparel and FREE SHIPPING on all orders.
Things You’ll Want to Leave Behind.
- A bad attitude: We all know you love your team and you probably hate the opposing team, but there is no reason to trash talk. Leave the beat down for the players on the field.
- Chairs: You may disagree with me, but I find that if I am sitting down at a tailgate I get a little sleepy. If you stand up and mingle you’ll probably have a better time.
- Your dog: Dogs are great. Everyone loves dogs. But unless you go to the University of Georgia and you have a bulldog, you should probably leave Sparky at home.
- High heels: Ladies, we know you’ve got some great shoes that you want to show off, but a football game is NOT the place for it. You will be much more comfortable in a pair of flat boots or sneakers. Especially if you’re drinking!
If you are a freshman and getting ready to experience your first real tailgate, get ready to have the time of your life! You will probably see some things you’ve never seen before, or meet a few of these 16 Tailgaters!