As college students, we spend a good majority of our time reading: reading textbooks, reading academic journals, reading online articles. But what about the books we actually enjoy reading? I know for me, one of my favorite pastimes is curling up with a good book and letting the words work their magic. Here are just a few must read books that you have to check out for yourself!
1. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald: This one is an obvious classic. Full of old time charm and elegance, The Great Gatsby is one of my all-time favorite novels. The movie is great, but the book is better. The thing I love the most about this American classic is that you can read it over and over, yet find something new to love about it each time.
2. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen: Once again, this is a book where the movie just can’t do it justice. Sara Gruen knew what she was doing when she wrote this piece of enticing literature. The adventurous, romantic storyline will keep anyone wanting for more.
3. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls: Of all the memoirs I have read, this is hands down my favorite. I repeat, this book is a must read! I have never gotten as caught up in a book as I did while reading The Glass Castle. The novel is a true story about a troubled family that will have your eyes wide the entire time you read it.
4. The Shining by Stephen King: What better book to read at Halloween time than Stephen King’s classic, The Shining? This suspense filled novel will have you on the edge of your seat the entire time you are reading. Full of sinister twists and turns, the Shining is worth reading again and again.
5. The Help by Kathryn Stockett: There are few books that can warm your heart, make you laugh and make you cry all within the same page. The Help is not only a classic because of its excellent writing, but also because it educates readers on America’s history while keeping them enthralled in an excellent storyline.
6. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: Okay, hear me out on this one. I, like most students, was required to read this book in high school and felt like I was going to die of boredom. However, I reread the classic Jane Austen novel as a more educated, open minded college student, and absolutely fell in love!
I highly suggest picking up one or all of these must read books at eCampus.com. But if these don’t fit your fancy, check out our other popular fiction titles that are on sale now!