- Find a study group – Especially if you just realized finals were a few weeks away, and you haven’t been paying attention in class, find a group of people who will help you review and understand an entire semester’s worth of information.
- Start a Google Doc – Your class will LOVE you and will help you flesh out a Google Doc or other shared drive study guide to get your whole class a good grade on the final. Brownie points (and extra studying) if you fill out the whole study guide yourself and then share it.
- Take a movie break – Make plans during finals week, on a lighter day (or after a heavy day) of finals to watch a movie with a friend. It’s a good way to recharge and make sure you are getting social interaction and fresh air during finals week!
- Get missed notes – Before finals week, you should go through your notes and see if there are any lectures that you have missed and find a classmate who did show up.
- Ask about the format – Knowing what the final will look like, especially if you haven’t had an exam in the class, will help shape how you study for each exam. This information can also provide vital information about what to and not to study for the exam.
Good luck with your studies!